Here’s what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about Baar Baar Dekho’s FLOP show at the box office! - Flash Shop Newz

Shop the best out of best

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Here’s what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about Baar Baar Dekho’s FLOP show at the box office!

Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif's Baar Baar Dekho tanked at the box office recently and here's what the actor has to say about it..


The actor opens up about his latest film…

Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra‘s Baar Baar Dekho was one of the most anticipated and exciting film of the calendar, however the film had a rather average run at the box office. A huge buzz around the film and Katrina-Sidharth’s sizzling chemistry ought to have given Baar Baar Dekho a good start, however the poor story line didn’t appeal to the masses and hence, the audience gave a very negative feedback about the film. After 5 day at the box office, the movie has just managed Rs 26.28 crore, which is very average considering the fact that the trade predicted the film to at least collect Rs 30 crore in the opening weekend (first three days). However, the bad plot and negative word of mouth publicity made people reluctant to watch the movie.
Made on a budget of Rs 45-50 crore, the film will just break even, but this is not a good sign for Sidharth and Katrina. The actor has had three back-to-back hits before this film (Ek VillainBrothersKapoor & Sons), so he will have a lot of pressure to take the right decisions now. However, the actor still stands by his choices. In an interview to The Quint, Sidharth spoke at length about Baar Baar Dekho‘s failure at the box office and if he would do the film differently if he could or not!
Talking about the positives he took away from the film’s failure, Sidharth mentioned, “One must take advice on how a film is shaping up from those who have more experience. When I heard the script for Baar Baar Dekho it was one of the most exciting ideas I had come across. What a lovely thought! The heart was in the right place. The experience has made me more conscious of my future. Had Baar Baar Dekho worked better maybe I wouldn’t be so careful with the modalities of making a film. But I am still going to choose only those scripts that I believe in. I stand by my choices. If I like a script and a role it doesn’t matter how many other actors are there or how many scenes I have. All the films that I’ve done so far tell stories that I want to tell.”
If he could go back to the past, would he still do the film? Sidharth revealed, “I’d still do the film. But maybe differently. I still think it has great potential. Now it’s already done. So no point in thinking of what can or cannot be fixed.”
And when he was asked if he still stands by the film they made,the Baar Baar Dekho star said, “Maybe we failed. But at least we tried something new. Now I know if I meet a first-time director I’ll be wary. Or if I write a script I’ll be thinking anxiously about whether it works for me as a member of the audience.”
Interesting, isn’t it? What do you guys have to say about Sidharth‘s confessions aboutBBD? Tell us about your thoughts in the comments section below! Also check out what people had to say about the movie right here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages